World Architecture > >

Architecture of Ireland

McCann FitzGerald Solicitors Corporate Headquarters

The site’s prime river frontage and the new Calatrava Bridge, which will cross the Liffey immediately to the west, generate a strong diagonal NW/SE axis. This axis is emphasised by locating the...

Broadstone Hall

Located on a landmark site at the top of Constitution Hill, adjacent to the proposed new DIT Grangegorman campus and bounded by the protected structures of King’s Inn, Broadstone train station and...

Chq

Brief history and contextCHQ (formerly known as Stack A) was constructed around 1820 to a design by John Rennie, the renowned Scottish Engineer who was responsible for the Tobacco Docks in London as...

Grangegorman Masterplan

Masterplan to create a new higher learning campus for Dublin Institute of Techonology (DIT) and Ireland`s national health care service (HSE) as a vibrant quarter on one of Dublinñs larges...

The Sleeping Giant

in Architecture by O'Donnell+Tuomey
contributed by 323 World Architecture Festival , 16 October 2009
Brief / DesignThe site is high on a hill in Killiney with a view southwards towards Dublin Bay and the Sugarloaf in the distance. It has the character of a secluded hollow, 6m below the road, with...

St. Paul's Church, Community Centre

St Paul's Glenageary is one of the largest Church of Ireland Parishes in the Republic of Ireland.The original church building was completed in 1864 but was subsequently extended three times over the...

CSPCA Animal Home

The C.S.P.C.A. Animal Home & Boarding Kennels building totaling 880m2 occupies a triangular site that remained after developing the adjacent retail complex and provides a facility for much needed...

Regional Cultural Centre

in Architecture by MacGabhann Architects
contributed by 128 miesvanderrohe, 6 May 2009
The location of the building–set back from two main streets on the inside of a deep site and stuck between the An Griannan Theatre and the Leisure Centre–required a special approach to its form...

0/ -1 John Dillon Street

in Architecture by de Paor architects
contributed by 128 miesvanderrohe, 17 November 2009
The site at John Dillon Street in Dublin’s Liberties was originally part of the precinct of the church of Saint Nicholas of Myra. It consisted of a ruined outbuilding, two metres lower than that...

Limerick County Hall

in Architecture by Bucholz McEvoy Architects
contributed by 128 miesvanderrohe, 30 September 2009
The principal objectives of Limerick County Hall were to provide an environment conducive to the council fulfilling its roles: to reflect and foster ease of communication between staff and with the...
<< < 2  3  4  5  6 > >>